High school graduation is an exciting time, especially for the proud parents, family and friends of the graduating high school senior. There are so many special events leading up to the graduation commencement day that honors the graduate-to-be, such as parties, awards day, college visits, scholarship announcements, graduation practice and my personal favorite, “senior skip day.”
Once the graduation announcements arrive in the mail, it is time to start thinking about that perfect gift for your favorite grad. What do they want? Where are they going to college in the fall? Where will they be living? A dorm? An apartment?
No doubt, it will be their first time leaving the nest so there are many options of collegiate licensed merchandise available to boost their team spirit décor.
1. Collegiate blankets with the embroidered or screen printed logo are perfect to take to the fall football game once the weather turns chilly. They can also serve a dual purpose of cuddling up in their dorm room or apartment while studying or relaxing after class.
2. Collegiate bedding and comforter sets are a practical gift that the new college student will be able to use and enjoy both day and night of their campus life.
3. Desk lamps with the college logo and team colors can illuminate their special spot for studying, reading assignments or cramming for final exams.
4. Picture frames are a welcome gift and are available in a variety of materials such as wood or acrylic with either the team logo or mascot.
5. Laundry bags are popular for carrying home the dirty clothes on weekends and you can even get creative and personalize the bag by painting their name on it.
6. Pillowcases with the team mascot and school colors can also be personalized and are popular with the high school girl graduate.
7. Auto accessories such as license plate frame, car tags, automobile mats and key chains are favorite college send-off gifts and let others on the road know where your graduate is headed.
8. Genuine leather accessories with the collegiate logos, such as belts, wallets, handbags, messenger bags and laptop bags are classic graduation gifts that will be appreciated for years to come.
9. Flip-flops with the school logo are great for that senior trip after graduation and on into the fall for casual wear to class.
10. Swimwear with the collegiate logo for guys, such as board shorts and for the girls, bikinis, halter tops and cover ups in their school colors with embroidered logo are must have apparel items for the summer before starting college.
So there you have it, the top 10 gift ideas that high school graduates heading for college want you to give them. If you are still not sure, most collegiate licensed merchandise stores offer Sports Fan Treasures gift certificates and they are very convenient to purchase them online and send them electronically or print them out to mail them with your graduation card.